The Ausherman Family Foundation values organizations and entrepreneurs who possess a range of character attributes which we believe are important to achieving our mission. These attributes include:
Aesthetic Sensitivity: Bringing beauty and harmony to people, places and events, and making the commonplace more attractive.
- Caring: Having an active expression of concern for and empathy with others.
- Christian: Living an active faith.
- Community Service: Giving time and talent, with no expectation of reward, to projects which benefit individuals or communities.
- Competence: Being resourceful, skilled and having the capacity to complete commitments.
- Dedication: Being selflessly devoted to the cause at hand.
- Dependability: Following through on commitments.
- Enthusiasm: Bringing an infectious zest for life to everything.
- Fun: Appreciating activities that are enjoyable or amusing.
- Integrity: Being honest and doing the right thing, even when it is costly and no one is looking.
- Passion: Having boundless enthusiasm for a cause, ideal, or goal - and unstinting perseverance in furthering or achieving it.
- Planning and Organizing: Working toward short- and long-term goals with clearly - stated directions, associated policies and procedures.
- Respect: Honoring others’ differences.
- Results-Oriented: Achieving tangible, measurable results in a cost effective way, i.e. social return on investment.
- Self-Reliance: Working hard and doing everything possible to bring about desired goals.
- Strategic Risk-Taking: Initiating opportunities and taking commensurate calculated risks.
- Theoretical Strength: Developing a conceptual framework based on knowledge and information.
- Thrifty: Watching expenses, spending wisely, and making every penny go as far as it can.